The Cost of Hormonal Imbalance
For most women, the symptoms of hormonal imbalance come on over a period of time and in multiple ways they or their doctors would rarely relate to hormonal imbalance.
There is a cost to staying in the dark about your hormonal imbalance.
Your hormones, especially estrogen, sends messages to your brain about how your body and mind will function, if at all. Every function in the female body is dependent upon estrogen to function and without enough of it, your brain will think it's time to fall apart and so it does.
What Women Lose:
- Their Minds — One of the firsts things effected by hormonal imbalance is the mind of a woman. Women lose their ability to think clearly, understand information, make confident and rational decisions, remember things, and experience decreased executive function.
- Their Bodies — When hormones are out of balance, the body thinks it's time to fall apart so the functionality and structure of the female body deteriorates and becomes dysfunctional, and the speed and severity of the physical decline depends on how long a woman has been hypoestrogenic. Muscles, skin, and vaginas shrivel up, hair falls out, gums tissues shrink, dehydration, constipation, joint pain, fibromyalgia, headaches, fat gain and inability to lose fat, and so on. The female body needs good hormone levels to fully function and thrive.
- Their Friends — Women without hormones are no fun to be with and as women age and their hormones become imbalanced, they tend to spend less and less time with their friends. With hormonal imbalance comes an inability to want to socialize and be around other people, and when you have a group of women who feel the same way, friendships deteriorate. When women are hormonally out of balance, they're also not so fun to be around and have zero problem solving skills to navigate healthy friendships.
- Their Significant Others — Women without estrogen do not like to have sex and their bodies don't respond to touch the way it does when hormones are balanced the right way. They tend to detach emotionally and physically from their significant others creating a wedge in the relationship. Women without estrogen are argumentative and will fight to be right until the bitter end. They have anger outbursts and are irrational in their way of thinking. It's hard for a person to remain in a relationship with a woman without hormones as their responses are out of proportion to the situation at hand and you never know what you're going to get one minute to the next.
- Their Jobs — Women with hormonal imbalance have a hard time keeping down a job because their moods are predictable and are more difficult to get along with in the workplace. They are less of a team player, are inflexible, can't carry out tasks, and have an inability to handle pressure of any kind. With a decline in executive function, they don't offer much in the way of contributing on a creative and problem solving basis. They tend to be bitter and unwilling to follow directions or rules.
- Their Loved Ones — Children to women with hormonal imbalance are annoying and irritating. The sound of children's voices can make a woman's skin crawl if she's without enough of the right hormones. Family members, children, and even pets find it difficult to be around women who are hormonally out of balance because of the emotional detachment, unpredictable mood swings, and inability to cope with everyday life. No home is a happy one without hormones.
- Their Dignity — Women with hormonal imbalance have little self respect, self esteem, self worth, or self confidence. They don't understand why they behave the way they do or why they feel the way they do, they just know they feel like crap and are not the person they are on the inside. They don't blame others for being skeptical of their irrational behavior because they too are skeptical of how they're going feel or how they will behave.
- Their Will To Live — Hormonally imbalanced women are depressed, not just a little bit. The greater the hormonal imbalance, the greater the depression, anxiety, and overall will to live. Women without enough of the right hormones will think about dying and have thoughts of suicide and even homicide. They tend to believe that life isn't worth living and completely check out, and/or become self destructive.
- Their Money — Women with hormonal imbalance spend a great deal of money going from one functional, naturopathic and conventional practitioner to the next as they are prescribed drugs, supplements, surgeries, and other "treatments" to manage their symptoms of hormonal imbalance, yet still remain hormonally out of balance.
It's not cheap to live with hormonal imbalance, in fact, the cost is quite high. It's significantly more cost effective to find your personal Hormone Sweet Spot™ and reverse your hormonal imbalance so you don't lose everything that's dear to you.
Walf AA, Frye CA. A review and update of mechanisms of estrogen in the hippocampus and amygdala for anxiety and depression behavior. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31(6):1097–1111. doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1301067
Martínez-jauand M, Sitges C, Femenia J, et al. Age-of-onset of menopause is associated with enhanced painful and non-painful sensitivity in fibromyalgia. Clin Rheumatol. 2013;32(7):975-81
Usall J, Pinto-meza A, Fernández A, et al. Suicide ideation across reproductive life cycle of women. Results from a European epidemiological study. J Affect Disord. 2009;116(1-2):144-7
Mccarthy MM. Estrogen modulation of oxytocin and its relation to behavior. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1995;395:235-45.